Requirements (Minimum of 13 credits, upper division)
- At least four 3xxx level Art History courses.
- At least one 5xxx level Art History course.
Elective coursework for the minor must include:
- Courses in at least two historical time periods (Categories I, II, or III)
- Courses on at least two unique geographic and cultural areas
- North America and Europe (NAE)
- South and/or East Asia (A)
- Middle East and/or Islamic World (MEI)
- Latin America (LA)
- Courses that span two or more time periods or two or more cultural traditions (labeled International) may be taken to satisfy the distribution requirement in one of the periods or cultural traditions they engage.
Consult the List of Classes (link) and the Undergraduate Advisor or Director of Undergraduate Studies for more information on courses that will meet these requirements.
Students are encouraged but not required to take either ArtH 1001 or ArtH 1002W.
No more than three credits of ArtH 3993 or ArtH 5993 Directed Studies, ArtH 5994 Directed Research, ArtH 3975 Directed Museum Experience (PDF), may be used to fulfill minor requirements.